11.18.2012

Decisions

On Wednesday, I went to work and then bought a car and then drove to the farm to have my dad check my first completely on my own adult decision ever.  Although, at that point there wasn't much I could do about it had it been shifty.  Lucky for me, the nod of approval was received.  And then I sat next to my mom on the loveseat while she finished crocheting me a scarf.  I'm not sure it was planned for me but I saw the soft gray pretty thing lying there unfinished and said, "Hey, I love that!  Can I have it?  Ummmm...could you finish it now?"  She did.  My mom pulled the wool yarn in and around and lopped and looped it while we visited about this big thing called life.  

Then I went to a Pampered Chef party at Danae's house.  I was late.  An hour and a half late of course.  Once I discussed the cause being life talk while sitting next to Momma Debi as she finished the scarf I adamently claimed for my own, all was smooth.  

And then on the drive home in the dark starry night I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me.  Because I've been feeling all kinds of pressure from all kinds of sources.  Probably if I'm honest, mostly from myself.  I needed the permission to make decisions based on what I want to do, not based on what others will think or judge.

I needed to remember to keep on trying to be a good egg and all else will fall into place.  Just as it always does. 

No comments: