11.10.2012

Just Call Me a Sap Now

I don't know if it's the month of November which does this to me or if it's because I tend to run like a sap of emotions, but these intense feelings of gratefulness have been surging through me. 
 
There are moments I'm almost brought to tears.  And not in an unpleasing way, more in the essence of total perfection.  The kind which brings the heart squeeze and makes me think, "My goodness is this really happening?" 
 
And the crazy notion is, it is happening.  In my life.   
 
My life includes cuddling up in a jean quilt on a friend's couch with a hot cup of tea while she sits in the chair across the room and we steal a few minutes of quiet visiting while her kids are planning their next building project. 
 
 
The few minutes of quiet visiting were a gift yes, but the bursting interruptions of "Look at this!  Here's what I'm going to build!" were it.  IT. 
 
 
Hearing Emma with her sweet tiny lisp go over every blessed detail of her sewer system was unbelievable.  Tears in my eyes while I watched her arms gesture with every important aspect, "This is where the qwean watarr will go."  Heart squeezing while noticing her strong spirit shining through because she needs that stubborn strength, it will serve her well in her upcoming years.  The notion running through my head, "Is this happening right now?" 
 
 
It was so pure. 
 
Of course, I have always known I would, that we all would, grow up.  That's what happens, we all grow up and try to become what we are meant to be.  Being a part of those moments between my best friend since sixth grade and her babies made it more than clear to me she has become exactly who she is meant to be. 
 
 
Her children are the signs.  Their beautiful spirits are a result of her efforts.   
 
 
And I get to be a part of their family.  Intense feelings of gratefulness surging through me.  Maybe I should just start wearing a sign now which says, "Why yes, I am a sap." 
 


No comments: