10.06.2010

Running

Delirious.  I have entered the land of deliriously tired.  Waking up at four thirty in the morning to edit pictures, going to teach the future all day, completing all the after school duties, grabbing my camera to take more memories in the early evening, then running {literally running...I started that awhile ago but that's a story for another day}, and finally arriving back to my house to upload the pictures from the day, check emails, edit some more pictures, pack my lunch, pick out my jewelry for the next day, and then getting ready to teach the future for the next day have all proved that they make me tired.  This schedule might be on the tad ridiculous side.  And, I refuse to not wear jewelry so that part is not changing.  Well, really, nothing will change.  For awhile anyway.  It's a good thing.  It really is.  This schedule means my life is full and a full life is good.  It also means I am blessed and honored that people want me to be the keeper of their memories for those few hours.  I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Besides, four hours of sleep a night is enough isn't it?  

Good thing I'm only 27.  I think if I was 28 this wouldn't work.  

Plus, I've discovered a couple of things from being on the go literally 20 hours a day. 

Number one -- you can buy apples in a white paper bag with a cute handle at the grocery store that have been discounted because they are irregular sized.  This comes in handy when you need to eat in your car.  Grab a little irregular cheap apple and you are good to go.  It's alright they are goofy sized.  Aren't we all?

Number two -- I can drink a whole pot of coffee myself.  A twelve cup pot of coffee.  All before seven in the AM.  That has to be good for the inners.  

Number three -- my OCD tendencies are going nowhere.  My friends that have children always tell me that once I have kids and am really busy I won't have time to be crazily crazed about neatness and organization.  Now, I'm thinking it really is never going to change because last Thursday night at one in the morning, I found myself cleaning my shower.  Why?  Because it needed to be done.  

Number four -- good mascara can make you have the appearance of alertness.  I like to put enough mascara on that it becomes hard to blink.  Really perks me right up.  

Number five -- it's totally fine to call people and then say, "I forgot who I called.  Who are you?" 

Number six -- family and friends will start to forget who you are.  But, it quickly comes back to them when you try to explain what a star-jack is {it's like a jumping-jack only better} and then proceed to demonstrate it.  And, every minute you do spend with them starts to matter more. 

Number seven -- I had a number seven.  I just don't remember it anymore.   

While editing pictures tonight, I was reminded of the lovely randomness that is my life.  In the middle of some sessions, I find pinging pictures.  They make me smile because I remember that it is important, even in this time of busy, to stop...even if just for a second...and notice something small around me.  To revel in the beauty of a brief fleeting moment. 



Just doing that can make me feel recharged.  And, I didn't even need a whole pot of coffee this time.  However, I do think it's important I go to sleep now.  Otherwise I won't get the full four hours in.   

8 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Haha! You crack me up! Loved #s 1-7. I am now laughing by myself at 2:45 a.m.

Kathy said...

Is it bad to drink a whole pot before 7am? I am usually working on #2. Next time you have the urge to clean a shower at 1am, head to my house, it always needs to be done. Love 1-7!!!

Tonya P. said...

Although I agree those white handled bags at the store are neat, convenient and seemingly practical, please do not buy apples when I have two trees full to pick. Of course they are much better in apple crisp/turnovers/bread, etc. to go with that full 12 cup pot of coffee....just saying. Your blessed life overflows into those of us who know you!

Amy said...

Well Tonya...don't be surprised if I show up to that fabulous backyard of yours to do some apple picking! :)

April S said...

Amy, I've just started checking out your blog and pictures. It is amazing! Keep it up!

Amy said...

Thanks so much April...it's been fun!

Lisa K. said...

Loved this post! Good mascara definitely important! A good bright eyeliner like something deep purple also does wonders! But sleep also works! Hope you can increase to 5 hours or so, then maybe you'll only need a 10-cup pot of coffee. ;)

Tina said...

I agree with you amy about the mascara and jewelry! something about those make my heart happy too!