9.23.2014

Popsicle Grin for the First Day

I'm currently sitting in a hotel room and it's 10:40 pm on the official first day of fall.  I just arrived here, much later than I probably should have if I was being responsible.  Instead of following the plan of leaving after work, I opted to grab my camera and a coffee while the sun started to go down and have a date with the pumpkin patch.  An alone date.  It's kind of my thing.  A little tradition so to speak.  I knew I should have hit the road to this training destination, but I do believe in throwing shoulds out the window sometimes.  This time, out the window to hit the road for the sunshine shining through the yellow leaves.  


There are certain bits and pieces of me that I wish to never lose, they are the important ones.  

I love fall.  I love the feeling of a first day.  I love experiencing.  I love going and doing.  I love evening sunshine.  I love taking pictures.  I love scarves with dangly earrings.  I love being outside.  I love traditions.  

Therefore, the pumpkin patch won over leaving town at a responsible time.  

It was worth it.  I needed some time with my camera and the air.


When the light filtered through the trees in a rainbow ray as I pulled my wagon full of pumpkins across the grass, I stopped.  Popsicle style of grin.  Kool-aid kind of smile.  Not losing the important bits and pieces of me with this season of life.  


And seriously, this actual season - the season of fall - is truly a gift every single year.  It's a reminder to slow it down and snuggle it in and keep traditions tight.  The days from now until December 26th are my favorite of favorites.    

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Stunningly beautiful photos of pumpkins, flowers, sunshine, and fall. I vote that it was worth the late start to travel. Glad you arrived safe and sound. You make fall look fantastic!