10.23.2014

Yes I Am that Girl

I've had more rainbows show up in my life in the past month or so than ever before and I think it's no coincidence.  You know me, I believe in those sorts of things. 
 
Life has been full of these kind of moments...the ones that make me tear up from good or make me laugh out loud or make me give myself an oh hell yes
 
I'm not sure I really understood the gravity of the choices I was making starting last February.  I just knew they had to be made.  There was something strong, real strong, pushing me to throw my entire life into the air to have it come back down.  To come back down differently in all areas.  I knew it needed changing. 
 
I also knew those choices made were going to create months of feeling uncertainty and feeling change and feeling like oh crap I want to be on the other side
 
 
And I kept telling myself, I just want it to be next fall.  It will all make sense next fall. 
 
Now here I am and it's fall. 
 
It makes more sense than ever. 
 
 
I love my new job and am finding my groove in it - even quoting unicorns while presenting about data.  If that's not a groove I don't know what is.  An administrator walked up to me the other day at the state principal conference and said, "Are you the unicorn and glitter girl who can help me with my teachers and data?  I've been hearing you can shake things up a bit." 
 
Why yes.  Yes, I am the unicorn and glitter girl.
 
 
I also have had the best time getting to know this guy.  The guy who gave me a glimpse years ago of something that could have been and who now is my reality.  The guy who makes me literally spit water across the table in Jackson, Wyoming with his humor.  The guy who drove me there from Red Lodge because he knew - he knew I would come unglued over the view. 
 
When the clouds and rain lifted and a rainbow showed up right as we were pulling into town, you better believe I jumped out of the pickup and ran.  Ran with droplets of rain falling on my face.   
 
 
Ran to where I could capture it without a fence between it and me.  Ran to where it started.  Ran to that rainbow as fast as I could, knowing it was there as yet another sign of the choices made being right. 
 
 
When I turned back around and started walking, he was sitting there looking at me with a quiet smile across his face.  When I climbed back in, I didn't even have to say anything. 
 
It was an oh hell yes.
 
 
Then he made me spit water across the table in a restaurant in town and I tried oysters for the first time - straight up with no lemon and liked them.
 


3 comments:

Danica said...

All awesomeness :) I can't remember - but I think maybe you have turned the big 3-0. Let me tell you this... and I speak from experience.... your 30's are WHERE IT'S AT. Consider yourself lucky to be able to grow and learn who you are at this age on your own terms. We are the lucky ones! Enjoy!

Sandy said...

Wow Amy, stunning pictures of beautiful nature.

Amy said...

Danica! I totally agree. We are the lucky ones. Thank you for understanding. :)

And thank you Sandy for loving the pretty too.