9.25.2011

A Slice of Random Pie

1.  Taking a banana, peeling it, and then using a plastic fork to chunk it into bite sized pieces is currently on my list for mid-morning heart happy time. 

2.  I used to be more than happy with being alone.  Completely content with rocking my life solo.  Now I am struggling with the concept and am working on getting my groove back.  

3.  This new job is right up my alley.  Organization and talking and planning.  Love.  It turns my crank to put my glasses on and get after the data or the handouts or the whatever it is that I need to complete.  

4.  Pumpkin spice melting tarts from Yankee Candle Co. make me breathe in real deep when I walk into my house and think "Dang fall.  You got it going on.  Mmmmhhmm.  You sure do."  I think this in my fake southern accent that has been Georgia tested and approved.  

5.  For a time, I was worried I had lost my purpose without having the fourth grade chicken wings under my care.  This week, I am not as plagued by this thought because I have come to the realization it is healthy for me to stretch and figure and push and chart new purposes.  Do I miss the bajeezies out of the chicken wings?  YES.  Am I regretting making the jump?  NO.  

6.  Tall boots and sweaters.  Need I say more?  Other than add in that royal blue color that is popping up all over this fall and then it's even more of a love situation.   

7.  A couple days ago, I asked two of the big big bosses from our district, "Do either of you two know a nice man that won't make me want to cry while I sit through an inservice training?  Because please let me meet him if you do."  They both told me they would work on it and get back to me.  After walking out of that room, I questioned my appropriate meter once again.  

8.  Wild About Wines.  Anytime this is the name of an event, I am there.  An evening wine walk around one of the local parks with proceeds benefiting our flood wrecked zoo. 


9.  I went with a few of my new co-workers and quickly realized they will be added to my forever friends.


10.  Because really how often do you find someone who also carries a camouflage can-coozie in their purse at all times.  You never know when you might need one.  You just never know.      


11.  We had a fabulous time.  And they were not embarrassed by my need to photograph things and crouch next to the bruschetta appetizer table because I wanted the twinkly lights in the background.


12.  I love bringing new people into my life as much as I love a glass of pinot noir.  Both fit under the "more the merrier" umbrella.  I was glad I went to high school with the girl who was pouring the samples at this table because a little snippet of pinot noir is not enough.  Full glass necessary.   


13.  This troll and I had a moment.  It was real.  I know it was. 

No comments: