4.05.2011

Signs

Spring, is that you I felt in the air tonight?  It sure seems like you have finally decided to grace us with your presence.  The air lost its chill and the smell of dirt getting ready to support life is right there finally within reach.  Getting to run on a path that has been impassable since last fall was exhilarating.  Like when you were a kid and the toy you had once loved and misplaced is found once again to play.  Finishing that four mile run twenty minutes faster and one hundred pounds lighter since the last time that path and I had touched soles added to the euphoric high.    

I don't share this looking for praise.  That is not at all my desire.  This journey, which is far from over, is not about the external.  Rather it is all about the internal self.  And myself and I have long since made peace.  I share this so that just in case you are out there thinking and wondering if you can, know that indeed you can.  Just start.  Start flying.  One flap at a time.   


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly an inspiration Amy. I am so so proud of you! And thank you for the blogs. love to read them. They have become a part of my daily life!! Love ya!!

Oh - so I was thinking... if there should happen to be a gopher hunt in the near future are you in?!?! :o)
Candice

Summer said...

We are very proud of you Amy! And you are looking like one hot little lady!!!

Jessie said...

Amy - You deserve praise for your accomplishment! IT IS HUGE!! You look fabulous and you worked hard. Great work :)Love ya - Jessie

Brittany Miller said...

AMY! SO proud of you. You are an inspiration!

Kathy Jensen said...

Amy, I am proud to know you and am very proud of all that you have accomplished at your young age! You, my dear, are an inspiration to us all! That little girl in the Christmas pictures has become a woman that anyone would be honored to call a friend! As you say--I heart you!!

Amy said...

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement! Whoo! :)