7.26.2012

Living the Stories Now

The hills were passing by and the friend visits were flowing as we drove home from a meeting in Bismarck yesterday afternoon.  I started doing the thing I do in my head.  The thing in which I spin about all the things I should be doing and what was on the cycle yesterday was the pictures which are piling up on this computer of mine. 

It can stress me out.  To be behind in anything.  Much less in something as important to me as my pictures and processing my thoughts in this space.   

But yesterday, with the sun shining in my window and hysterical laughing coming from my mouth as the miles whipped by, this hit me. 

Right now I'm living the stories which will become words later.

I'm creating and living my stories.  And that's the most important of all.  There has been action this summer; almost a nonstop flow of family togethers, fires, camping, laking, friends on patios and porches, running, sun soaking, laughing, driving, cooking, games, horse business, long drawn out coffee mornings, fair attending, simply playing action.  The kind which makes my heart happy.

I find sometimes I want to simply be in the moment.  And that's when the big camera stays tucked away and I quickly snap a shot with instagram instead.  Even when I'm in the ER having fish hooks removed from my ankle. 

Summer memories.  They are being made.  Right now, I'm busy doing the making.  This winter when the snow is falling down outside my window, I'll have the time to write the words.

{My instagram username is hearthappy if you are on that wagon} 

No comments: