12.17.2013

The Keeper of a Tradition

The cookie exchange is my own personal kick off to the real deal holiday season, it's what sends the red and green flare signals to my brain.  The predecessor to the internal glitter throwing.  Danae hosts and therefore, she is the keeper of my every beginning of every Christmas.  (No pressure girl)


I have no doubt in my mind this tradition is in safe hands.  And let me tell you this, it's so good oh so good to sit around a table with hot coffee steaming and girlfriends.  


Eleven dozen cookie making is worth it to have those moments and memories.  If you are my sister-in-law, you make twenty-two dozen because in a homemade Oreo there are really two cookies.  That woman is absolutely a wonder.  


Lemon spritz was my cookie of making this year.  They are the squares with a diagonal line of dark chocolate, which was supposed to be more of a half dipped affair but that was too much fuss for me.  It is not too much fuss to align the edges of rugs over and over again but dipping cookies?  Not for me.  

So the cookie exchange happened.  The holiday season is in swing.  Full swing.  Crafts!  Crocheting!  Cooking!  List making!  Also I need to state here for the record, I won the door prize this year.  Thank you very much.  After a lovely little prank pulled by Danae and Sil, but still.  I won.
   

3 comments:

Kathy F. said...

They all look delicious, Amy. Do you share recipes? Would love your lemon spritz and the white ones with the white frosting and crushed candy canes on top. Merry Christmas!

Kathy F. said...

Forgot to say that I make your "Christmas Crack" now, too. (The pistachios, craisins, & white chocolate) Yum!

Amy said...

Kathy! Yes I sure can email you those recipes. And the "Christmas Crack"...mmmm...that's the best ever! So glad you make it. :)