1.31.2013

Reflection Dream

I have this dream.  It's a dream of having little feet and hands all around me while I cook or bake or sew or crochet or dig in the garden dirt or create something, anything.  

It's a dream which is a reflection of my own little feet and hands growing up.  It's manifested way down deep in my soul, right next to where I keep my stubborn.   

I would also like to be included in that dream a retreat of a house with a mountain view or a country field view.  Where out the door step is always adventure awaiting.  

I'm getting picky aren't I?  

But I believe in dreams.  

Because not that long ago I dreamed of the life I have now.  Living in my own house, one in which I decorated with any old thing I wanted to, with a successful career, a master's degree under my belt, an independence to do my own thing, and a life full.  Full of travel and experiences and learning new things and soaking it all in and spurs of the moments and healthy habits and family togetherness and friends who do things like drink red wine and eat fancy cupcakes and sit on zebra chairs one Friday a month to discuss a book yes, but also to hash out politics and life beliefs and what makes us all tick.

A pinch me kind of life really.


This Friday was the talk of Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  Followed by the talk about where has accountability gone in our society?  It seems to have up and left the building.  A few of us stayed late and pushed each other to do some deep thinking view stretching. 


So I'm absolutely here.  To this dream of a life I envisioned not all that long ago.  

And now I have the next dream on my horizon.  I don't know how much I dare go into this but I attend to the belief of what we think is what in turn, happens.  It's what has worked to push and get me here so I will keep on.  

Dream of my twenties.  Check.  

Dream of my thirties.  Just starting.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

HI Amy,

Loved this post and read the highlighted passages. Makes me want to read the book.Sandy

Amy said...

Sandy, it's a winner. Reaffirmed many things I believe in which probably manifested in my German roots which you share...the whole pull yourself up by the boot straps idea. You know, I'm sure. :)