4.03.2013

Fruition

The day before Easter my sister-in-law and I did the final meal preparations and finished off the details for our celebration. 

Sometimes for us what that looks like is Sil doing slicing and dicing and other kitchen type things while I hot glue graham crackers together in an effort to see a hair brained idea come to fruition. 

Peep Houses 


Now looking at them I realize the icing would have been much more appropriate in a shade of green, as in grass.  Instead of the white I used, as in in snow.  But in all fairness to myself, I blame my environment.  You see this lovely nook of North Dakota I call home still has feet of snow blessing its landscape.  So snowy peep houses it was for us. 


At any spring or not springish rate, the littles were decorating machines and that is what matters the most.  Dinosaur attacking included. 

   
Then what happens next is I try to stay on task and whip up some banana Nutella muffins while Sil colors eggs with the crew. 


But I can't help but snap some memories between teaspoons of baking soda and powder because goodness those kids are full of it and you better not even try and tell Punky that she is too little to do anything much less handle the care of an egg all on her own thank you very much.


I'd like to think Sil and I make a good team when it comes to celebration meal planning and party executing but I know deep down she's really the force behind the spatula.  While I'm more of the flitterer.  It's a win for me as she lets me come along for the ride to see the fruition of her labors which tend to be much more delicious and far less hair brained than mine.


Although I did boil some eggs late that night to be deviled the next morning.  Boiling eggs.  Culinary difficulty at its finest.    
  


No comments: