4.04.2013

But Hey!

This afternoon I texted Sister Pister, "I just ate a carrot with peanut butter.  Therefore, I thought of you."  

My little sister does crazy things like dipping carrots in peanut butter and now I've followed suit.  So call me crazy too, I guess.  

Also, this leads me to saying a little nugget of truth about peanut butter; it becomes not a staple in your lunch bag every single day when your dishwasher is out of commission because washing the gunky peanut butter out of the container by hand is for the birds.  That business is sticky even after soaking and besides, who really has the patience for soaking?

First world problems these are I know, but the dishwasher out of commission was a funny situation around these parts.  Especially when it was the kind which is called the washer works just dandy but the door won't open without a tricky maneuver of jig, pull, cross your fingers, pry with a spoon, and then maybe it'll pop.  The morning of the Glitter Brunch, my clothes washing machine leaked sudsy water all over hell, including down to the basement below, because the pillow I was washing became jammed in the wrong spot.  Then right before friends arrived, the dishwasher door was closed by my hip in a moment of NOOOOOOOO followed by the jig mentioned earlier.  The jig coupled with my stubborn streak of I will not text Billy to leave work to get this door open after he already went to pick up the coffee for me, I will not.  Stubborn streak won.  Party on right?  Behind every glitter party is a leaking washing maching and a broken dishwashwer door. 

But hey!  Drinking water out of a mason jar with a stripey straw and a slice of lemon is still fun.  Yes it is.  

And now I have a new dishwasher and am feeling thankful I don't have to send up a fist pump when I can get it open.  

And I eat carrots with peanut butter in the afternoon which makes me think of my little sister who I love more than new lip gloss and square gum. 

Are you feeling like some more spring randomness?  Oh good.  So am I. 

This morning was the first morning I did not have to wear a scarf to the YMCA at o'dark thirty and then on my way to work the actual sunshine was hitting my arm. 


Flowers on my table and a cup with a letter which does not start my name will always be worth a smile. 


Here's why this spring feeling is so important around here.  This is a morning last week.  Not January. 


I decided the Easter Bunny deserves a glass of wine. 


And again, any sign of spring was cherished and celebrated around here the past couple weeks.  Oranges with sun beams in the morning counts. 


There was a get out of this cold quick trip to the land of sun. 


With a fast run to the Charming Charlie with my mom in tow because that is simply a must when in AZ.  The store is coordinated in sections by color; I do not need to say more.   

   
Followed by what appears as awkward dance type things with Sister Pister. 


And please tell me your family does things like this.  This would be myself, then Momma Debi, and then Dad-o having ourselves a little handstand in the pool contest.  Classy all the way.   


If you hung on for that ride, kudos to you.  Because let's remember this all started with carrots and peanut butter.
Wait!  How could I not let you in on this gem.  For all of you people out there who think you want curly hair, please see Exhibit A.  The one titled Laying on the Couch Gets You Every Single Time

No comments: