12.23.2013

Freaking Cold or Winter in the Desert

It's bone chilling cold today and I just spent about three and a half minutes cleaning out my car backseat quick like with out socks on my feet and a cement garage floor.  It was fun.  Fun and smart. 
 
Twenty-seven below zero actual temperature is not for the faint of heart and it really makes me question why living here has appeal and then I remember it's my people.  My people is the appeal. 
 
Because let me tell you this, winter in the desert is much more my swing.  A Thanksgiving week with bare feet making pies and morning runs and bike rides under the sun and tricks in the pool both day and night and being outside under a pink sky and evening wine chats with patio doors open to let the breeze in...is the best ever. 
 

 
Winter in the desert will wear you out...fall asleep in the middle of the living room in the midst of chaos kind of wear you out.  Winter in the desert is appealing, more so than this twenty-seven below zero ridiculous that's floating around here currently. 
 


No comments: