10.03.2010

The Book

My red book was finally left on my door step last week.  It's just lucky for the mail man that it was not raining because if my red book would have been ruined, I might just have hunted him down and shown him the crazy face. 


Along with the red book was my official diploma from completing grad school.  Apparently you have to actually finish and defend your red book before you get the real deal diploma. 


Let's take a moment to realize just how fabulous these little gourds are; ahhh...fall, I love you. 


It's a happy thing to see that red book all official and bound with my name on it as the author. 


It's also a happy thing to know that this pile of research that has haunted me for the last two years can finally go bye-bye.  The books are only slightly over due.  I've been waiting to be arrested for it but it hasn't happened yet.  And, my love for office supplies was put to use...do you know how hard it was to find that many different styles and colors of stickie flags?  It was no small feat. 


So, now I can unflag all of those stickies and return those books and throw all of those articles and be d.o.n.e with that chapter in my life forever.  My organization skills are shining through in this stack of research; each different heading in my red book had a certain color of flag.  I made a little chart and everything, but I won't show you that...it screams therapy.  Similar to the bed making situation.  Real similar. 


My favorite stickie has to be this pink polka dot number. 


Or wait.  Maybe it's this black and white affair stickie.  Hard decision.  I'll call it a tie. 


What I do know for sure is that I can not wait to rid myself of this pile and frame up that diploma and put that red book on a shelf and know that I did it. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A well deserved conclusion to a long, tough journey. You made it! Congratulations.

Momma Debi said...

Very, very proud of you. Way to go Amy!

Brittany Miller said...

Yay! I want to read your red book- for real! And I want Santa to bring me some of those stickies, even though I really have no use for them right now. I'm putting them on my list immediately!

Jessie said...

Congratulations Amy! All your hard work has paid off!

ShannonR said...

Awesome job Amy!

Aunt Colette said...

First of all, Congrats to you, Amy Beth! Yahoo! Secondly, when I read the first few words of your story, I thought you were going to tell me a story from 'The Red Book Diaries' which brought back a flood of thoughts from too many years ago...it was a cable TV series (maybe from my college days) which was what I would call one of those 'you shouldn't be watching shows. Good thing you were talking about a different 'red book' or I would have had to call your mom!

Amy said...

Thank you all so much! And, Colette...good thing you don't have to call my mom; considering I am 27 and all. :)

Sil said...

Congrats Amy! We are all very proud of you! Love, T,S,I,A,G

Unknown said...

Congrats Amy - another wonderful accomplishment - for a WONDERFUL person!!

Lisa K. said...

Congrats, Amy! What an accomplishment! You can be very proud of this one!

Sandy said...

Congratulations Amy... That is a very awesome accomplishment! You also captured my life of reading, research, and writing in your blog. I have the same stacks and have been recycling the eleventy-seven paper versions of everything. I need to know the full title of your thesis. I will share my green book with you...when it arrives, if you will share your red book with me...the next time I am in ND or you are in MI... Have I told you lately how much I LOVE your blog and photos.