1.10.2014

Wagon Riding Again

Recently, self-sweetening plain Greek yogurt has been my mode of operation.  I would like to say I enjoy a bowl of plain Greek yogurt in the morning but that would be real akin to saying I enjoy a bowl of sour cream in the morning.  They are synonymous.  I don't even use sour cream on tacos anymore.  Greek yogurt all the way.  

Also, say tacos with a long a instead of short a.  It makes things more interesting. 

Back to the yogurt.  One must have a little something something in with the plain.  But of course, when one goes to the store to buy such a thing those versions are full of junk.  Why can't vanilla yogurt ingredients read something like this: rotten milk and vanilla.  Simple right?  But not the case.  

One day I had this like holy smokes I have an idea moment in the grocery store.  I'll just add a wee tiny bit of real maple syrup to the plain yogurt and that should be mighty tasty.  

And it is.  Really tasty.  Of course, when one buys real maple syrup they must be careful it only contains maple syrup, not sugar and all kinds of other business for this to be a healthy way to add.  I know maple syrup is full of natural sugar but it's from a tree and therefore I'm okay with it.  If it came from the ground or had a mother, I will eat it.  

I'm really working hard on being fully back on that mantra because I ate like seven Christmas cookies...a day.  For the entire week and a half of break.  Caramel puffcorn.  That was a problem too.   

Say hello to needing to be back on the wagon!  In a serious fashion.  

Enter self-sweetened plain Greek yogurt in the morning because the thought of sour cream in the morning isn't quite right.   

On a side note, I just love how what took a week and a half to put on takes forever to take back off.  Damn tricksters that junk food is.  

Here's to being back to the person who actually has some self control.  Not the person who eats seven cookies at one time and thinks a handful of caramel puffcorn is a steady breakfast.   

On another side note, happy weekend from my hanging next to bathroom mirror reminder to yours.  May it be exactly what you need it to be.   

No comments: