1.08.2014

Like a Bee

When there are twelve things going on at one time is when I am the most productive. 

I don't know what it says about my personality but I'm sure it's hidden jargon for something. 

Given a day like Monday, an unexpected day off from work, I get nothing done.  

It was cold here.  Really cold.  Twenty below actual temperature with a whipping wind, working together to cause a dangerous situation for bare skin.  Which resulted in many events were cancelled, including school.  

A day off.  All by myself.  Unplanned.  

You'd think I would work on getting ahead at my second job so deadline in February wouldn't be so breath catching.  You'd think I would work on the couple of nonfiction writing presentations I've been asked to do later this month.  Yes, you'd think.  

But instead I did nothing.  

 
First, I did work out with Karen early in the morning and then I did go to Brittany's for a cup of coffee.  But then, nothing. 

Other than cleaning the house, doing the laundry, getting all caught up on picture organizing, writing thank you cards, making good clean food, enjoying the sun spots in the house, wearing wool socks, and reading.

The stuff of a heart happy for me. 


The majority of the time, I was snuggled in a fuzzy blanket in the corner of the couch closest to the fire devour style reading.  I read an entire book and got half way through the second one before calling it a night.  Do yourself a favor and pick up Brain on Fire and read it, absolutely captivating.  Orphan Train is what I'm now on and it's also a win.


Monday was a soul rejuvenation affair of nothing and I liked it.  

I will also say this.  I feel recharged.  My head is clear again and currently it's Wednesday night and there are eleven things going on around here and getting crossed off the to-do list besides this writing, so there you have it.  My personality glitch.  Whatever it says about me, it says. 

No comments: