3.07.2012

Early Break In

Spring Break. 

Working in the schools is a fabulous way to never really have to grow up and leave the notion of a March Spring Break behind. 

You see, yesterday was the last day of school before our four days of no work. 

It only seemed right to paint Karen's nails during lunch break.  It also only seemed right to accept the birthday cupcake from a kindergartner.  It looked like confetti.  I'm a sucker for confetti.  That sprinkle of fun sat pretty on my desk until I gave it away to someone else.  Pay it forward, even when it comes to cupcakes. 


At the end of the day, I printed my boarding passes and jumped in my car.  Spring break here I come.  You couldn't have come fast enough friend. 

 
First though, I picked up Firecracker from Sister Pister and the two of us were in the same mood.  The mood of let's be ridiculous.  We're kindred spirits like that and we totally planned to switch looks at the exact same time. 


Then she said to me as were on the way to Brittany's house to play with Stella and Harper, "Is it okay if I'm goofy?  I like to be goofy." 

If there ever was a question I knew the answer to with one hundred percent certainty it was that one.  "Yes!  You can never go wrong with goofy!  Be fun girl.  Have fun.  Have lots of fun." 


After goofy times with friends, we joined back up with Sister Pister and met Karen and her girls for a little Spring Break early break in.  Applebees style.   

Now it's Thursday morning and I'm off. Off to head to the land of sun. First though I have to get through that darn airport security. It's always a little tricky.  I asked Firecracker if I could borrow her Halloween headband, thinking it'd help my chances of not being pulled to the side for a pat down.  But she loves that thing as much as I love lip gloss, so it was a no go.  I'm on my own.   

No comments: