3.23.2012

Call Me Crazy

Call me crazy, but I'm here to tell you a pool party with your mom and dad being the only other party people is just on this side of a happy place.  Before the pool festivities though, Dad-o was on a mission.  On a mission to get the patio furniture put together and arranged.  I totally pulled a kid move.  Woke up early, made my way downstairs to get coffee, saw Momma Debi and Dad-o starting to take pieces of boxes, and promptly wheeled around.  Avoiding that whole scene and instead, climbing back up the stairs to sleep for another hour.  Magically when I woke the second time, this business was done. 


I gave them each a high five and left for my morning run.  And when I came back, we had to go to Hobby Lobby.  We had to.  Because they wanted some greenery for the corners.  I obliged with the stipulation, "We have to be back quick.  I will not spend this beautiful day shopping.  Quick.  We will be quick."


We were back in time to spend the entire rest of the day pool partying.  Momma Debi sipped wine out of a stainless steel wine glass.  My sister-in-law thinks of the best gifts; seriously, I envy her genius ideas.  


I did nothing.


Dad-o took in the water.  Figuratively speaking of course.   


Momma D. brought a touch of the farm to our afternoon when she hung up the jeans to dry on the fence.


She also talked on the phone while in the water.  I told you she is a wild daring thing. 


Dad-o carried the farm theme further and said, "I need to get a sign.  One that says Jed Clampett on it."  So pretend he is holding the sign.  


I did nothing.  Except to try and figure out how to be in the water taking pictures without dropping my camera.  My strap ended up soaked.  Camera stayed dry.  Victory.   


Dad-o floated on by.  


Momma Debi looked cute. 


I did nothing.  Other than feel truly content.  Which I suppose is not nothing.  It's rather something actually.   


When the evening sun started to display its always perfect shine, my parents went inside to start supper...dinner...whatever you want to call it.  And I was once again struck by the sun love.  There's just something about the way it makes everything sparkle that gets me. 


Knowing I would have to wake in the dark the next morning to board a plane, my feet and I sought out the last spot in the yard that was still shining and soaked it in.  Until the very last of it dipped behind the house.  

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Very cool, Amy. Mom and Dad have a beautiful place. You are lucky to have a sunny place to go to that is so wonderful. You and your family deserve all the best.