7.04.2013

Love Sparklers

Happy 4th of July!  May there be sparklers and sunburned ears in everyone's near future.  This is right up there with my favorite holiday.  Really they probably all are my favorite as I have a hard time choosing when it comes to parties and celebrating and theme colors and such.  But there is something about red, white, and blue paired with sunshine and family and fireworks.  There sure is something.   
 
I think we tend to forget we are blessed to have freedom.  It's been an always there right for all of us in my generation, never a question if we'd get to be driving home on a Sunday evening to the music we want to listen to blaring through the speakers on the car we chose to drive after freely spending the weekend out on the water with friends followed by dinner with family in the outside air.  All the while a hot air balloon floats in the sky up ahead. 
 
 
Never a question.  Freedom to work and play as we see fit.   
 
Because we live here. 
 
I have the freedom to believe in lip gloss and donkey kicks and sparkly objects and theme parties and taking pictures and writing words and book club and friends and family and working hard and simply running around to do as much as possible.  I have the freedom for all of those ridiculous things I do because of this place called the United States of America. 
 
On this 4th of July, go sparkler it up and give an extra cheers for our red, white, and blue. 
 


No comments: