5.09.2010

Momma Debi

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there that others call MOM.  I have just spent the whole last week with my mom and it made me appreciate and remember what I love so much about her. 

I love that she encouraged me to be bossy when I was little because she wanted me to be able to stand up for myself.  I love that she also encouraged me to talk and talk some more so my voice would always be heard.  I love that she showed me through her example that sometimes we just have to do what we have to do.  I love that she taught me that humor goes along way.  I love that some of her quick wit has been passed down to me.  I love that she showed me how to care for others.  I love that she let us make huge messes when we were little in the name of playing and using our imagination.  I love that she encouraged a no fear attitude by encompassing one herself.  I love that she has shown me the value of homemade.  I love that she has shown me how to be creative.   

I love that she loves me.  

Happy Mother's Day Momma Debi {which apparently is your new handle given by many of my friends who love your homemade bread and your sewing and your everything}...love you more than my toothpaste! 

While in Rochester, Mom and I went to a hole in the wall, family style restaurant which served their water in mason jars.  And, they had lace curtains.  Loved it.  And, nobody looked at me funny at all when I carried my mason jar over to the window and proceeded to take a picture of it.  Nobody at all.  


Here's hoping you can remember what you love about your own mom {and tell her} today and that maybe you can drink water out of a mason jar with her.

No comments: