6.01.2012

Different Kind of Cooler Packing

This is me popping in to take a break from cutting up watermelon.  For some reason, watermelon cutting is a struggle for me.  The big thing rolling all over the counter.  Juice running down the cupboards.  The knife slipping from my hand.  Chunks landing on the floor.  It just isn't the smoothest of operations around here. 

The reason I'm facing my watermelon cutting up troubles is so I can pack a cooler with a variety of fruit, veggies, cheese, almonds...you know...the good stuff.  This cooler will come along with myself, Danae, and Jessie on our girl's road trip to see April get hitched this weekend. 

I'm packing a cooler of healthy food for our road trip.  My how times have changed.  

Which leads me to this.  I'm not sure when I turned into my grandma, but I have.  I remember her always having a cooler of sandwiches and fruit and homemade cookies in the back of their car.  No stopping for junk in her world.  She saw it as a waste of money and she believed in real food. 

Now here I am.  Packing a cooler for the girl's weekend. 

Yesterday, I whipped up these wraps while on a pontoon in the middle of a lake.  Turkey, cucumbers, banana peppers, tomatoes, sprouts, cheese, honey mustard, and tomatoes all wrapped up with a side of pineapple equals a party in your mouth.  And festive plates and napkins are always necessary. 


All of this possible because of a little cooler packing.

Grandma was on to something. 

No comments: