8.18.2011

She's a Senior

Today was my little sister's last first day of high school.  In other words, she is now a senior.  Which makes me old.  And it also makes me want to put a brick on her head to see if she would shrink back down to the tiny thing she used to be with her unruly kissed by the sun hair and her chubby cheeks with unbelievable vocabulary coming out her mouth.  Like when she had to tell me what it meant that monkeys had opposable thumbs.

She was four.  I was fourteen.

Now she has officially started her last year of being a "kid" and I know she will throw herself into the year with the zest she always does.

Happy first day of your senior year Sister Pister!  With love from your much older, and probably not much wiser, sister.



2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

I think you mean 'last first day'...

Amy said...

hahaha! I think you are right. And I changed it. Thank you friend. :)