4.07.2012

The Fourth Time

Sister Pister went to her last high school prom a couple weekends ago.  Which also means that for me, it was the last time I went along with her for the day to capture the moments.  This was the fourth Saturday we've shared of hair doing, makeup applying, and picture posing. 

Bittersweet a bit.  Knowing that some of the chapters we have written as sisters are coming to a close as she is close to graduation but realizing the really good stuff is yet to come. 

This year's prom getting ready experience delivered once again.  It had to because it sure started off on the right foot.  Before the prom festivities, I woke up early and had coffee time Saturday morning.  It's tradition after all.  Feetie pajamas, waffles, and the like. 


After an always fun dose of friends and solving the world's problems, I met Momma Debi and Sister Pister at the salon. 


And once again, Sarah J. worked her magic on that hair. 


It's too bad she couldn't have magically made me showered and makeup-ed and hair done too because I might have looked a tad bedraggled.  Puffy eyes unite! 


I'm sure glad that Sister Pister took the time to adjust the tuck in job on her shirt.  Seeings as how she apparently missed a loop with her belt.  Details.  Minor details.  The pants still stayed up. 


Step one done.  Hair success. 


Then we grabbed Starbucks because it's what we do every prom morning and headed for the makeup. 


The makeup girl also worked her magic.  I won't mention the fact she thought I was Sister Pister's mom.  Yes I most definitely will leave that part out.  I totally blame it on the puffy eyes.  Anyways, what matters is that Sister Pister looked beautiful.  Because she is beautiful.  Fancy hair and makeup or messy hair and no makeup...beautiful in every way, including on the inside.     


And what else matters is I had time to flutter around and take pictures of shiny things. 


But what matters the absolute most is my mom, my sister, and I shared another wonderful morning together.  Those moments are what matter.  Really matter. 

No comments: