11.05.2013

As of Late

Currently...

I'm obsessed with banana chips.

And dried blueberries from the bulk section.  They don't have added sugar which deserves a twirl and a foot stomp, however they are pricey.  Let's just say there was a moment to the cashier of say what now?  Those berries were twenty-six dollars?  Clearly, I can't really be obsessed with them so special occasion treat it is!     

I have been pulling that old new to me rocker over to the fireplace in the morning to read and it's rather lovely having a place to rest my arms while they hold my book and it's been mighty fine having toasty toes.  

Trail mix is no longer on my favorites list because it betrayed me.  I cracked a tooth on the junk a couple of weeks ago.  Favorites to junk.  That's right.  It happened on a Thursday.  On a Friday, I was certain the right side of my face was losing feeling and I would have a brain infection by Saturday.  I called the dentist and started with, "I'm sure I'm just being my kind of crazy but I'm fairly certain my face hurts..." and ended with being in his chair.  Once reclined, we chatted for a bit and I reiterated I was certain I was being overly anxious and analyzer-ish.  To which he looked at me and smiled because he knows.  So I thought for sure and since he knows, he thought for sure that it would be nothing.  Then I heard the word crown and I couldn't help but tell him, "Crap!  I wanted to just be crazy.  It really does all start to fall apart after you turn 30 doesn't it?"  Cracking teeth now and I don't want to know what's next.  

Remember the time I ate my memory card instead of the trail mix?  Just had to throw that in because it still makes me shake my head.  

My legs are super sore.  The good kind of sore where you have to lower yourself in stages to the sitting position.  The good kind of sore that comes from getting your hiney running again and muscle pumping again.  Can someone tell me why I thought it was appropriate to take two and a half months off?  Also, I've added in some Zumba and my that's fun!  I'm the most uncoordinated person on this side of the Red River, but I sure am enjoying making a fool of myself.  Plus I think forcing myself to learn to look at person in front of me and copy their actions at a high speed rate is doing things to my brain.  What things is yet to be determined, but I believe in learning new and making the brain work.  

I refuse to skip over November.  It does not deserve a skip.  It does not deserve talk of red and green and twinkly lights.  I love me the twinkle, but I'm holding firm on this.  Being thankful is what this month is for and I find myself thinking about blessings, both big and little.  Like the blessing of banana chips.  Or maybe more so, the blessing of feeling each morning that I love what I do.  And the blessing of decaf coffee.  

Especially when it's enjoyed in large doses by friends and family with pumpkin marshmallows on Halloween night.  


Overall, Halloween was a win.  


I really do love seeing the costumes and the excited faces and hearing the funny mixed up thank yous with trick-o-treats along side a few blank stares.  I also love that family and friends stay a bit and there's the complete chaos of pizza eating and door bell answering by whoever is closest and that at the very end of the night, Karen sits and visits but never takes her stocking cap off or her puffy coat.  It's those types of things.  They make a holiday...a holiday. 



And let me just say this, Billy makes friends with everyone.  He was like the trick-o-treat king.  


As for me, I feel the nerdiest of nerds on Halloween, on most holidays if I'm being honest.  Thinking about all kinds of ways to make or do or wear.  

Really, one could say I'm fairly nerdy on all days, even a Tuesday.  So maybe I could have summed all previously stated words up by saying this...

Currently, I'm a nerd.  

I never have been one to be succinct though. 

No comments: