4.18.2014

Hey Steam! Hey Tourist! Hey Random!

Food is always on the agenda when down in the desert.  My dad is a more than fabulous cook who loves to experiment and being in a real-city provides all kinds of options we don't have in our non-city and my mom makes homemade bread almost every single day.  So food, lots of food.  It's always there and around which leads me to having a two part goal while visiting the sunshine.  Number one being I eat pretty much whatever I want and number two being I never stop moving.  Running, swimming, biking, walking...all the time.  I feel better about consuming seventy-hundred calories in a day that way.

This round was pork on the grill. 


This next round was Mexican food out while shopping.  Which leads me to wonder...how many ways can a person take a picture of a margarita?  This many.  With other ones possible, of that I'm sure.  Also I would like to add that Momma Debi and I became slightly buzzed from our sweet and salty margs.  I'm not sure if I can state this next sentiment without there being some form of judgment but I've never been one to care much about others judgments so here goes...day drinking and afternoon buzzes are the absolute best.  One might say cat's meow there, but that one would be someone who doesn't think cats are rats in disguise.  One letter difference people.  One letter.  I digress.  Appetizing discussion eh?   


Hey steam for the win! 


First time gelato getter over here and let me tell you this.  Yum.  That's what.  Of all those choices, I went with salted caramel and was more than happy with the decision.  I really kept staring at the swirls; the way it looks is more exciting to me more than it tastes.  Well almost...because love a duck, it's delicious.  Delicious and pretty.  


Hey tourist!


I love my mom.  I love my mom and how she will play tourist with me and how she wears her sun hats with a side of robe.   


This is totally not staged.  And just goes to show you why I indeed have a lovely forehead crease which is semi-permanent, too much face squishing over everything.  I'm not sure if we were bossing Dad-o around or if there was an alien.  It's hard to tell.   


Then, there's this and this is a case of my dad not trusting me once again.  Oh he's kind of fake smiling through it, but don't let that fool you.  Lecture-ville was going down.  It's like he knows I am jittery in nature and get distracted easily.  He was freaking out about my camera being in the water.  Let me rephrase that.  He was freaking out about me holding the camera up to my eyes while my chin was under the water and the strap was wrapped around my head.  To this day, I just can't imagine why he would be nervous about that situation.  

Hey random!  

No comments: