4.03.2014

Vices and Versas

I am an over do-er.  A lady of extremes.  

When I paint my nails, I be sure to include way out to the hinter lands of the cuticles because there must not be a tiny spot of nail bed left naked.  Not a fleck. 

Coffee in the morning isn't one or two cups, it's like six.  At least.  

Once I'm in a strong running routine, then I must do it.  Must do it.  Must go for a few more minutes.  Add more.  Do it.

If I make toast, I make two pieces and then I make two more because the first two just weren't enough and then I get sick.  So most of the time I just don't make toast because moderation is not my jam. 

When I write a list for a Costco trip, I type it and organize it by heading and store section.  Because that's necessary.   

I won't say never or impossible because those are extreme in themselves, but it's rare...real rare...that I do things down the middle or towards just sliding by.  I yearn for down the middle.  I wish for let this go and slide by under the radar.  I actually remember self talking during college classes when the notion of group work and projects came up, you are not going to say anything...someone else can take control of this...you are not going to say anything...you are not going to do everything.  And without fail, boom.  I'd be putting the project together late into the night before it was due because my perfectionist tendencies wouldn't allow for different fonts and formats and such.  

These are not strong points.  Controlling.  Bossy.  Extreme.  Organized to a fault.  Competitive.  All in.  

They are my vices.  My inhibiting crutches.  My weaknesses.  The hard things.  

But maybe they are strengths too which is a whole ball of wax in itself.  Is it a strength to be a strong person in a bossy way?  Sometimes maybe.  If managed and handled appropriately.  

Handled appropriately seems to be the key.  

Oh the things we learn as we age and gain life experiences.

I mean it's like this.  Maybe there are people out there whose weaknesses are being too passive, not having a voice, unorganized, too laid back, and such.  Maybe those people yearn for some bossiness and control.

We all can't be the same.  This type of person must work with this type of person.  And when done well - when handled appropriately, magic can happen when A works with B.  Instead of A working against B...or vice versa. 

Where all of this is going I am not entirely sure.  Maybe it's going here.  To the land of me jumping on a bike with my big camera around my neck to capture some evening pretties.  


To the land of a hummingbird's buzzing scaring the shit out of me.  So much so I couldn't focus.  Then it was gone, as fast as it came.  It was obviously a fellow Type A Distracted by Shiny Things.   


To the land of me adding talking on the phone to riding a bike on the way back home while keeping my big camera safe and to a guy walking down the sidewalk yelling, "That's talented multitasking!" 

I kept right on talking while snapping these.  Life is much too short to do one thing at a time.


Life is much too short to not squeeze hug every single sunset, with an extra squeeze for the super beautiful ones.  

No comments: