4.15.2014

Triple D

While we are on the topic of new and opportunity, I'll continue right on here by sharing the first ever experience of eating at a place featured on the Food Network's show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with spiky hair Guy.  He is my favorite.  I try not to like him sometimes because I think, he should be annoying right?  Spiky hair that's bleached, loud voice, talks non-stop, etc...  All leads to annoying.  But the truth?  The truth is I love him.  I could watch Triple D all the live long day and then get super hungry and find myself in the kitchen trying to make chips-salsa-macaroni-apple pancake-with a side of-fish taco.  

Does this happen to anyone else?  

I sometimes have to swear off the Triple D for awhile because of its dangerous tendencies to lead to eating at odd times.  Odd things at odd times.

But inevitably, I come back for more. 

There was a Phoenix episode one day so when I was there in March with my parents and my sister, after an afternoon of lounging and swimming, off we went to St. Francis.


I knew when we pulled up, it was going to live up to the expectations.  An outdoor movie was playing, there was vintage chairs to sit in while waiting for a table, and the food was out of this world once seated.


Goat cheese and marinara, fingerling potatoes with thyme, the meatballs-the meatballs, and pizza.  Pizza with figs for me and pizza with lots of red for Sister Pister followed by Momma Debi sharing with everyone.  



4 comments:

Tonya said...

I so agree!! One of our favorite shows, I always say my dream job is to drive around with Guy and go visit all these places. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who while watching that show would kill for a smoked brisket with a side of pork sliders and a Juicy-Lucy! I'll think of you next time I watch it!

Amy said...

Let's just both jump in with him and hit the road Tonya! I'm in!

Sandy said...

HI Amy,
It's been so long since I have commented, but I still read the blog religiously. I love every word. I really do. Thank you for sharing your perspectives on life. It is definitely a life worth living. One of the things that warms my heart the most is to see Curt enjoying life. I know he is such a hard worker and it is good to see him having fun. You have a beautiful family and you are beautiful. "Aunt" Sandy

Amy said...

Thank you so much Sandy...and I absolutely agree with you. My dad has always been a go-go-go and work-work-work person so it's so great to see him enjoy things with us.