4.11.2014

Bringing It

It's Friday and the sun is shining and last night on my run, I smelled fresh cut grass.  Fresh cut grass!  A sure sign of life after winter.  It's amazing to me how much more life feels like life when coming out of the hibernation.  


Seasons are important I suppose, and I do love the shift from spring to summer and summer to fall and fall to winter.  Yes, I find the first weeks of wearing sweaters and snow falling and cozying up in the dark evening to be comforting.  But the transition from winter to spring is the worst.  The worst here anyway, it's like it never happens and there's brown dirt and grime all over hell.  


But then all of a sudden it happens.  I smell fresh cut grass on a Thursday evening run while wearing all neon colors without anything covering my ears.  It happens.  The sun is up before I drive to work and the temperature doesn't require seven layers.  It happens.  Life feels fresh and new and like holy smokes, we made it.  

Bring on this season.  Bring it on.  Said with a head bob on each word and possibly a double clap as well.

No comments: