12.29.2009

The Deal

My photography has always been for me, myself, and I.  I do it because it allows me to be creative.  I do it because it gives me happiness.  I do it because it provides a different look at the world that I usually am rushing by.  I do it because it makes me slow down.  Quite simply, I do it because I love it.



I've decided that if my photography can do all of those things for me, then maybe those effects could be felt by others as well.  Hence, the start of this little blog.



I'm not by any means a professional photographer.  I have not taken any classes or gone to any workshops; I haven't even read my camera's user manual, although that last thing would probably be a really good idea.  I have learned through experimentation and the help of people along the way.  My work is nowhere near the caliber of a professional photographer and that's fabulous because I'm not one! 



Although I'm not a professional photographer, I am a perfectionist who has a hard time sitting still.  Which means, I'm done with this now.  I can't really sit here much longer.  Hopefully I'll be able to stick with this.  For now, I have only posted pictures of things because I'm not so sure on the logistics of posting pictures of people, but I'm sure the first step should probably be asking them!  Stay tuned...



Wait, just thought of something, another fun fact about me is that I am random and goofy so you can bet this won't just be a place I share only photography.  Since I don't spend all of my time taking pictures, there's sure to be some other musings along the way. 


3 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see all the fun things you put on here!

Deb said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Great idea Amy!