9.30.2012

Heart Squeeze Missing

I had no idea. 

No idea how much I missed my little sister. 

Until she came walking through the door last night for the birthday party bash. 

It hit me when I saw her.  My heart squeezed and I jumped off the couch and couldn't get her hugged fast enough.  We stood and stayed in the embrace for minutes and laughed and I wanted to simply smush her. 

Because she is happy.  Doing her thing happy.  I love when people I love are happy. 

As I write this, I feel it again.  The heart squeeze.  I miss her being around all the time.  I miss her being ridiculous with me.  At one point towards the end of the party she gave me a mischievous little side glance and said, "Look Amy, it's a glitter heart.  And it's a candle."  Because she knew.  She knew we would light that candle and take pictures and have a moment.  It's just what we do.  My sister and I. 

No comments: