10.29.2012

A Walk with Wine...Yes Please

Today, there is snow on the ground.  Not a whole whelping of it but enough to remind us all of the quickly approaching season of frigid white with a dash of ice.  

I'm grateful there weren't any flakes on the ground the night of the Wine Walk in our downtown.  I'm grateful for babies who make their appearance to my house before the daddy comes to pick up.  I'm grateful for amazing friends who will stand on the corner of the street with me so the moment can be captured.  I'm grateful for the sunset because it's always there for a win.  I'm grateful for bike cops who have a sense of humor.  I'm grateful for a downtown which is trying to make a comeback.  I'm grateful for paper mustaches in an art museum after twenty little cups of wine.  I'm grateful for amazing friends to spend an evening with, walking and talking and gallivanting in the very best of ways.

Last but certainly not least.  I'm grateful we weren't mustaching through the snow with our wine passports.  Finally, I'm grateful for any of you out there who rolled their eyes while reading my feeble attempt at funny.   

No comments: