10.19.2012

Yesterday

My day at home... 
 
Included spending many hours sitting in the corner of my office spending time on memories.  I'm reminded why I take the amount of pictures I take anytime I look through them.  It's often the ones captured in between the planned ones which end up bringing the feeling of the moment right back.  So I'll keep snapping to the point of snap happy.  Trying to get the feelings frozen in time
 
 
The office I spend many hours in the corner sitting...
 
Includes the picture of me running in my aunt's backyard in Arizona when I was three.  The nostrils flaring get me.  Because they are me.  And if you ever need somewhere to stay, please come and stay in the bed in my office.  I do believe it's quite cozy; plus I'll make you pumpkin spice coffee in the morning and put your toast on a You are Special plate. 
 

My kitchen in the early afternoon...
 
Included the task of mixing and kneading bread dough.  It delivered on providing me with a spiritual life is grand feeling just as it always does.  It was rainy and windy outside.  With homemade bread making and slipper wearing inside.  Yes, life is grand indeed.     
 
 
My late afternoon final preparations...
 
Included drinking water out of a mason jar with red and white striped straw.  Once again, it's all about the little things. 
 
 
My late late afternoon weak moment...
 
Included sneaking the first piece while it was still steaming hot and smearing it with blackberry jam.  It's just necessary sometimes to do that kind of thing. 
 
 
My evening...
 
Included enjoying slices of fresh bread with made from scratch chicken noodle soup with friends.  I'm so glad I beat my fear of dealing with chicken carcusses a year ago because there is nothing as comfort food-ing as a bowl of soup made with real stock.  Especially if it's rainy and windy outside. 
 
 
My day at home was exactly what the heart needed and ordered.  The delivery came and I welcomed it with open arms.
 
Open arms and slippered feet.     
 


No comments: