3.28.2010

George Roman

Brother and Sil welcomed their newest addition on Friday, March 26.  He is a boy.  Which is a good thing because if I said "he" let's hope I'm talking boy.  A big, big boy, 8 lbs. 14 oz., with quite a bit of dark hair.  And, he's the cutest baby ever.  I can say that; I'm the aunt.  Of course Firecracker and Easy Rider were both the cutest babies ever too. 

His name is George Roman.  It fits him. 


See like I said, cutest baby ever. 


I had to work all day Friday after hearing of his birth and it was killer.  The minute I could leave, I jetted to the hospital and this is the sight I walked into.  I told myself not to cry but rather capture the moment instead.  But, seriously, this was a sweet thing to see.  Good to know George will receive plenty of Nana love just like the other two.   


I told Mom to look at me, I snapped one more picture, and then I promptly told her to hand him over.  Now.  It was my turn. 


It was just Mom, Sil, and I at the hospital at this time; it was nice to get some quality snuggling time in.  I had to explain to Mom how to focus my camera and what buttons to push to get that to happen and Sil piped in with, "Take one on my camera too and what you have to do for that is to just point it and then hit the top button."  Have to love that Sil was popping out one liners while still quite sedated.   


Then, Sister Pister arrived and Sil and I decided that we were going to vote her off the island for being too beautiful.  She's starting to make the rest of us look bad. 


I then had to take this picture because I noticed the color coordination.  The family that color coordinates together...stays together. 


Brother came back from checking his cows and stole George away from us.  The nerve.  You'd think George was his or something. 


I made Brother laugh with something ridiculous I said about his eyes never being open.  It's calving season on Brother and Sil's ranch and during calving season Brother always grows a beard of some form.  It's an interesting tradition and that's all I will say.  :)  But, this is one proud Dad.   


Things got crazy as the rest of the troops arrived.  Firecracker and Easy Rider love George and think they will keep him.  This is a good thing because I think even if you have your receipt, the return policy on babies is a bit iffy.   


Firecracker is just really excited she has another brother to boss around.  She also loves him very much already and it is so very cute to see her show that sister love. 


As far as Easy Rider goes, he's more like, "What I have a brother?"  "What does this all mean for me?" 


So I eased his fears by saying, "Say cheese."  And he did.  I think these two will be quite the buddies. 


I love Easy Rider's little hand on George's head.  Big brother to little brother. 


I didn't take any pictures of Sil that day because I know if I ever give birth, there will be no pictures until the day after.  Also, I don't have any pictures of Dad-o with his newest grandson because he had to go back to the farm and clean grain.  He did get in some Papa time in the morning, but I was at work.  Some of us have to work.  Cleaning grain?  That's not work...that's for sissies.     

Yesterday, I made a zip trip up to see the little man again because I wanted some time with him before I took Firecracker and Easy Rider for the night. 


You heard me.  Firecracker and Easy Rider spent the night under my care.  They survived.  They were spoiled.  I'm tired.  Really tired.  I give all of you moms out there some major kudos.  It's hard work.  

I dropped Firecracker and Easy Rider off today and snapped a picture of Sil with her baby.  She's one of the best moms in the whole world and George is lucky to have her.   And, she already looks great! 


I couldn't resist this one last picture before I tore myself away.  It's a heart happy picture. 


We have one more little nut in our family and we are all very happy and excited.  He will realize fairly quickly, we are a bunch of odd nuts, but I'm sure he will fit right in. 

***UPDATE!

Mom and Dad-o emailed me this picture because well, it just doesn't look or feel right to not have the whole fam represented.  This is from Mom's camera.  I'm sure Papa is already plotting his adventures with George. 

No comments: