3.18.2010

Somebody's Sixteen

Today is Sister Pister's sixteenth birthday.  It's an understatement to say we had a lot to celebrate; of course, the outlook for Mom, but also, Sister's Pister's high school's boy's basketball team won their first game in the state tournament this afternoon.  She's had a fun, crazy day and I'm so glad she was able to enjoy her special day without having a heavy heart. 

The past few weeks, and especially the last couple of days, have been experiences that can't help but make me realize just how precious life is.  I seriously have never felt more relief or more thankful.  In an odd way, it's almost hard to feel deserving of such pure grace.  I don't question for a second though Mom is fully deserving of that grace and I guess the rest of get to ride on her coat tails.   

Before Mom and Dad-o left for Mayo, we had a little birthday shin dig for Sister Pister.  Sil and Brother hosted at their house and it was a fun night of laughing and treasuring the moment...we were all uncertain about what lay ahead.  Quite frankly, it was a scary time.  As I look back on these pictures, they take on a different meaning.  A meaning of family.  A meaning of together.  A meaning of hope.  A meaning of love.  


Sometimes it's unclear exactly who's the adult and who's the kid...


Sister Pister is not such a little girl anymore...


Sweetness and stubborness all rolled into one cute little package. 


Sil and I both received handmade quilts from Mom for Christmas.  She was determined to finish Sister Pister's before she left for Mayo.  And finish she did. 


Sister Pister.  You rock.  Seriously.  You handle things with an ease that is beyond your years.  I love your confidence and ability to tackle anything head on.  I heart you and I can't wait to see what more fun adventures you conquer!


While we were visiting and observing Dad-o get the kids absolutely riled up, this song came on.  I forgot about this song.  It was one of my absolute favorites when I was little.  Yep, nothing like a little Dan Seals.  And then throw in Marie Osmond and you've got yourself a party.  "Won't you meet me in Montana...I can see the mountains in your eyes..."  Who's with me?  This is a classic people. 


I know life will not be exactly returned to normal for awhile and who knows what normal ever is anyway.  It's constantly changing and evolving and I guess I'll just keep changing and evolving with it.  I do know a couple of things for certain; I'll take a postive outlook and my camera with me. 

No comments: