7.05.2010

A Clue

Since it's summer and I don't really have to work in the summer, I've been trying to do things I don't normally do.  Take for instance, cooking.  I really am not a cooker; it just never has been my thing.  But, lately, I've been trying to be a cooker.  Today, while making some chicken stir-fry, I realized the reason why I might have issues with cooking. 

First, I had the chicken cooking so I started to chop up some of the veggies. 

Then, I had to clean up that whole mess because I'm weird like that and have to clean between each stage...no way can I leave it all until the end. 

Then, I realized the veggies looked kind of pretty all sliced and diced so the camera came out. 


Then, the gladiolas on my kitchen counter started calling my camera's name.  Fresh flowers in the kitchen will make your heart happy.  I promise.  Even more so when they can be gladiolas.  And, no mess around the veggies on the cutting board...that will also make your heart happy.   


Then, the little chunk of quilt-like thing that sits under the gladiolas started calling my camera's name.  This little chunk of a quilt-like thing was actually just a bunch of left over fabric from the table runner I made earlier this year.  It wasn't supposed to turn into anything, but it comes in really handy by the dishwasher.  You know how when you empty the dishwasher, there are inevitably those dishes that are still wet.  Well, now I just plop those dishes on this little chunk of quilt-like thing and they sit pretty while they dry. 


Then, because my brain was on fabric, this was my next subject.  Yes, I realize the clock says 2:59 and yes I realize that's a weird time to be making chicken stir fry, but it's summer and I don't have a schedule.  And, I don't actually think that time is right anyway because the power went off one night and I didn't bother resetting it.  Sometimes I find it odd the things I don't care about when I spend so much time obsessing over other things. 


I snapped up this lovely little number on sale from Anthropologie {the store I love that is not located within 500 miles of me and that is way above my price range except for the sale items}. 


I love the little embroidered silverware; they create a very vintage feel which is my favorite decorating style at the current moment. 


Then, what happened next was my realization moment.  I burned the chicken.  Of course I burned the chicken because I had just spent all of that time cleaning up my mess from chopping veggies and then taking pictures of random items that caught my attention.  And, there lies my biggest issue with cooking.  You have to actually only do one thing at a time.  Cook.  That doesn't so much work for me.     

1 comment:

Danica said...

P.S. There is an Antropologie down the road from me. It is DANGEROUS. In a good way :)