7.28.2010

Gardening Electronics

I went to the farm today to ride a little horse.  Wait, I didn't ride a little horse.  It really was just a normal size horse.  I mean I went to the farm today to do a little horse riding.  No wonder rumors get started!  It's all about how you say things. 

And, there was a perk to going to the farm to ride a little horse.  I've decided I'm just going to say it that way even if it might make you conjure up an image in your head of me riding a pony.  It's fine.  It actually might make this more interesting. 

Anyway, the perk.  The perk was that I stopped at a neighbors on the way to the farm to pick up some fresh lettuce, spinach, and cabbage.  In other words, she grew it in the dirt.  In other words, it was from the garden. 

Fresh produce is pretty glorious. 


Fresh produce can be a little tricky though.  You have to watch for bugs and dirt and things like that.  But, then you remind yourself that is a good thing. 


After I washed it all up, I realized she gave me enough to feed a herd of people.  This is not even all of it; I had already gifted some to my friend who also loves fresh produce.   


In return, that friend gave me some tomatoes out of her garden.  Apparently I'm the only one not gardening.  I think next year I'll start. 


Because tomatoes and cell phones go together like Saved by the Bell and the 90s, the next random topic is cell phones.  My phone has been masking taped together for 4 months.  And, yes, this is the original masking tape.  It is time for a little refresher.  This phone needs to last until March.  I see it as a challenge.  A masking tape challenge. 


I seem to have problems with electronics.  Earlier this week, I went in for an oil change.  I've developed quite the repertoire with the three men that sit at the service desk and when they see me coming they just LOVE it.  Well, I tell myself they love it.  They have to.  They have to love that I always tell them ridiculous stories or give them random pieces of advice or try to introduce them to each other while they are trying to work. 

The three men that sit at the service desk are on to me.  They are on to the fact that I have problems with electronics.  Here's how I know that.  When I picked my car up, this is what I found on my key chain. 


That would be a battery taped to my car starter.  That was not there when I left my keys with the three men that sit at the service desk.  Apparently, they were over the fact that I had not had a battery in that thing for about a half a year.  So, they took matters into their own hands and taped one on for me.   

I questioned them about the battery taped to my car starter and they asked me why the antenna was all wonked out.  And, then I had to tell them the whole long story about the antenna which also actually explains why I didn't have a battery in my car starter for a half year. 


I'll give you the shortened version. 

Car starter beeping like the checkouts at the Walmarts. 
Me trying to get it to stop.
Me banging it over and over and over again on the dash.
Antenna flying off.
Car starter beeping like the checkouts at the Walmarts. 
Me trying to get it to stop.
Me banging it over and over and over again on the dash.
Me finally realizing I should just take the battery out. 
Problem solved. 

I guess I was just scared the Walmarts beeping would start up again if I put a battery back in.  For a half a year I was scared.  Actually, I think I'm still scared because the battery has been taped to my car starter for a few days now. 

It's really no wonder the three men that sit at the service desk LOVE when I come to see them. 

No comments: