7.19.2010

A Little Therapy

Last week, we {I say "we" loosely here} had a Showdeo at the farm for wee little kids.  Kids that aren't quite ready to handle barrels, poles, key hole, and the flag race by themselves, but that already have a love for all things horse.  It was a perfect morning and I took a million and one pictures that are on my list to get out to the world, but first, I need to address some issues. 

Issue number one.  After a hot day of Showdeoing and then shop cleaning and then redneck dumpster driving and loading, Momma Debi, Pic, and I cracked into some wine in the evening.  I've decided to call the person married to Cousin B, Pic.  I call her Pic because she and I seem to end up doing weird, hard work together that always ends up in both of us laughing hysterically {case in point...dumpster driving and loading}.  So, I feel like she is my farm work partner in crime.  Therefore, Pic suits her.      


I guess it was this Australian wine to start with.  I don't know my wine.  I do know that it did its job in relaxing us and making me down right goofy.  I was a story-telling machine.  You really should have been there. 


I even had new material to share from that day.  The redneck dumpster driving and loading was quite the scene.  Let's just say someone {she just might be married to Cousin B} tried to use a hole in the dash of the old tonner pickup as a cup holder for her Diet Dr. Pepper.  When the can kept dropping and never found bottom, I had to tell Pic the hole was indeed a hole that had been made my mice, not a hole to be used as a cup holder. 

Then, there was a moment in the drive, when I wanted some sunflower seeds so I grabbed the bag with one hand and proceeded to dump seeds into the other hand.  Well, the old tonner pickup started to go in the ditch and I said to Pic, "Oh!  I forgot  was driving!  Will you dump some seeds for me?"  She did.  She's good like that. 

Then, while trying to stop the old tonner pickup going down a fairly steep hill, I was stung by a horse fly.  Yeah, that was a great.  I started grabbing the inside of my thigh and yelling like a mad woman, while trying to keep my foot on the clutch because I was mid-shift while also trying to steer one handed while also trying to keep my other foot on the brake so we didn't die.  We barely made it.  It was close.

So, needless to say, during story-telling and wine drinking time, everyone was in stitches.

  
The second bottle we cracked into was this lovely number. 


And, after finishing that bottle, I made a decision.  The decision is my issue number one.  Aren't you glad I can just get to the point without telling a bunch of random things first?  Anyways, here's issue number one...I really only like the wine that comes with a screw top.  What that says about me, I'm not sure and I don't think I want to know.  No corks, screw top wine all they way.  I'm so classy...someone should take me to vineyard. 


And, here's issue number two.  Issue number two is odd.  Like odd enough it might require that I need a little therapy.  Odd enough that I'm not even sure I should share, but I'm going to because I really think there might be others out there that have issue number two also and I'm all about making people feel less weird. 

Alright, here goes, issue number two is that I've started this odd behavior of not wanting to go to bed at night because I don't want to "unmake" the bed. 

Insert cricket chirping silence here.   

Yes, you heard me.  I don't want to "unmake" the bed, so I prolong going to sleep as long as possible.  Now, I've always been an obsessive neat freak, but never have I ever not wanted to go to bed because I have to "unmake" the bed.  It's a whole new weirdo problem I've developed this summer.

If that's not bad enough, it gets worse and I really shouldn't even admit this part, but again, I'm all about sharing my weirdness in hopes that you won't feel so weird.  One night, I even slept on the couch because I would not and could not "unmake" the bed.

Insert cricket chirping silence here.

Yes, I slept on the couch so my bed would still be neatly made in the morning, BUT...I only did that one night because I realized that is grounds for real therapy.  See how normal I am...I realized that was completely bananas and didn't do it again.   

Until last night. 

What can I say?  I have issues. 

1 comment:

Brittany Miller said...

Amy- issue #2 is even a little crazy for me!