10.20.2010

Daisy Mae

I don't like cats.  Not one little bit.  In fact, I do not think it is a coincidence that a cat is only letter away from being a rat.  They just bother me how they purr and rub on your leg and then do that really creepy thing with their paw {open, clasped, open, clasped}.  And, they stare.  They stare at you.  

To all of you cat lovers out there, I'm sorry.  I'm sorry I think a cat is one letter away from being a rat.  The thing is though, it's good if we all have different opinions.  Keeps things interesting.  

All other animals are good in my book.  In fact, I rather enjoy animals.  And, I especially like this animal.  Daisy Mae.  The farm dog.  She's been around since Sister Pister was five.  Almost twelve years.  The best part of Daisy...she's bossy.  She's independent and she doesn't really need you.  I love that about her. 


When I love things or people, I often write them little letters in my head.  For instance, just a second ago, I pulled the lip gloss out of my pocket and said..Dear Lip Gloss, Oh how you make my heart happy.  And, just the other night when I was cooking a crazy amount of taco meat for a staff pot luck, I said...Dear Taco Meat, Why do you have to smell so much that now I don't ever want to eat tacos again?  I think even my actual nose hairs smell like taco meat because of you.    
 

Here's my latest letter for Daisy.

Dear Daisy,
I love that you could care less about me.  It's good that we have that understanding.  I also really enjoy when you come for runs with me.  It makes me feel better about the snakes.  I don't worry about mountain lions...but snakes?  Snakes I worry about.  So, thank you for being official snake watcher.  Also, thank you for having your tongue hanging out when we get back to the farm.  It makes me feel better about my tongue hanging out.  
Sincerely,
The One You Don't Care About 


I really encourage you to start saying letters to inanimate sometime soon.  It really makes life a bit more interactive.  And, animals...animals love the letters too.  I just know they do.   

1 comment:

Kathy Jensen said...

I am with you on the snake thing. Yuck! Where I am from (Esmond) they do have to worry about mountain lions, hence no walking the county roads for me when I visit.