10.31.2010

When did that happen?

I'm not sure when it happened.  But, it did.  I have become a tad nerdy.  Maybe I've always been nerdy and just haven't realized it until now; if you've known me a long time and that's the case, please don't tell me.  On Friday, however, I was a proud member of the nerd herd.  I wore a shirt with an owl on it, a tacky pumpkin necklace, orange and black socks with my jeans rolled up, and a pumpkin headband.  Seriously, when did that get up become an appropriate fashion?  

And, the really nerdy part... I was super excited that morning to wear it.  Yes, I have become one of those teachers.  Watch out pencil earrings and ruler sweaters, here I come! 


I also might have walked into a car dealership after school on Friday to look at vehicles wearing that.  Just might have.  And, then after the salesman looked at my feet, I said, "Please, try and take me serious right now.  I know it might be hard."  He did.  I think it was tough for him, but he did. 


And, let's just have a moment for how much I love this orange bench of mine.  It clashes with the Halloween, but oh how I love it. 


I'm pretty sure that outfit will be brought out again this afternoon in preparation for the trick o treaters.  I don't think I can wait a whole year to wear it again...so tonight it is.  The only thing different will be I won't be wearing the black, witch wedges on my feet.  No shoes allowed on this floor.  Ever. 

Here's hoping you and yours have a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  And, I also hope that maybe you can wear a nerdy outfit.  It really is fun.  You should try it. 

4 comments:

Kathy F. said...

HA! I KNEW eventually your mom and I would get to you with our "teacher" clothes. NOW you're a real teacher! Then again, it is Halloween (a legitimate excuse to dress up) so that may be an exception. We'll be watching to see if you wear a Christmas tree sweatshirt in December.

Kathy said...

It needs to be the Christmas tree sweater where the tree lights really work. And since we all know how much Amy loves jewelrey put the Christmas tree ornament earrings with it.

Momma Debi said...

I have a sweater for you with little bells on it. It jingles as you walk!

Amy said...

Yes Kathy F...I've been converted. :) I already have my xmas outfit started and Momma Debi, I just might be getting that jingle sweater from you!