11.06.2010

Cody and a Cop

I've noticed over the past few months of my taking pictures journey that when people are in their element surrounded by family or things they love, the picture will inevitably be better.  So, it was no suprise to me that as soon as the baseball gear was brought out, it was as if a light had been turned on in Cody.  He loves sports that is for sure.  And, it was also no surprise to me that he was a good listener {well, if that doesn't make me sound like a teacher} because I work with his mom and I knew she ran a tight ship.  :)  On the way to the baseball diamond in the middle of his session that day, Cody said to his mom in the car, "This isn't so bad actually.  It's kind of fun."  Thanks Cody...I'll take that as a compliment coming from a teenage boy.  Your "kind of fun" session shows off your easy going, sports style. 


Cody is a catcher and did I mention that he maybe, kind of loves sports? 


I had a fabulous Sunday evening with Cody and his mom...remember that Cody even said it was "kind of fun."  It was beautiful weather and we found many reasons to laugh and laugh some more.  And, just like with anything, there were some interesting moments too; I dropped a lens of mine on the concrete and wanted to freak out but rather just decided to calmly place it back into my camera bag and worry about it later {huge step for me}.  Then, Cody's pickup just might have decided to back into my vehicle and kiss it.  Just might have.  Let's all remember how teenage boys are with their pickups.  I think Cody wanted to freak out on his momma but he didn't.  Shows a lot about his character.  And, my poor Explorer was once again smushed in the front.  But, I did get to see my favorite cop in the whole ordeal and he said to me, "I didn't know you took pictures Amy." 


Then, I said to him, "Yep, I sure do" as I proceeded to take his picture.  When he looked up, he said, "That better not end up on facebook." 


I replied, "Nope, not on facebook, but it will probably be on my blog because I love to share the wacky moments that can happen in life."  He was okay with that.     

3 comments:

Jessie said...

HAHA! This is HILARIOUS!

Kathy said...

Awesome ~ Todd is a Great sport!

Tonya said...

Great pics! Wait til I see Todd and tell him I saw his pic on Facebook, er, Amy's blog.....!