11.29.2010

Good Eggs

There are some people that are just good eggs.  They'll lend a helping hand when ever and where ever needed.  They are not selfish and put others first.  They are hard working.  They don't pity themselves; they just do what needs to be done.  Well, Kathy and her boys are all good eggs that is for sure.  Kathy used to teach with my mom way back when I was just a young grasshopper and she's always been a person that is happy and puts one foot in front of the other all the while smiling.  She's been a single mom since her boys were very young and she has done a fantastic job raising them.  Like I said, they are all good eggs.  Kathy even baked me muffins twice during our picture times together and sat with me on the curb when I locked my keys in my car {yes, I've been on a bit of locking myself out streak}.  And, she has a home daycare and I've told her numerous times that if I ever have kids, they will be going to her house.  I don't care if she doesn't have room.  She'll have to make room for mine because there isn't anywhere else I'd want them for daycare because not only is she a good egg, she's also a fellow neat freak and well, that just makes my heart happy.  


Every time I pull a yummy pumpkin chocolate chip muffin out of my freezer to enjoy, I am thankful there are still people in this world who are good eggs.  Kathy and her boys are shining examples. 

3 comments:

Amy Huff Ones said...

What a great post Amy....I couldn't agree with you more!! "Miss J" was my first & second grade teacher and she has always held a very dear spot in my heart. I wish that my kiddos could have the opportunity to have her as their teacher as well. Love your blog :)

Tonya said...

Good eggs indeed Amy...not scrambled like some of us! :) Fantastic pictures! Kathy is more than a daycare operator, she is like another mom to my kids and for that I am soooo glad I begged her to start her daycare for Drew! We will make sure she holds a spot for you open always! :)

Amy said...

Glad you enjoy reading and looking Amy! :)

And, Tonya...that'd be good if you were on my side too! :) Also, I think I shall start referring to myself and those like me as scrambled eggs. Love it!