4.15.2012

The Not So Last Rodeo

Sister Pister had her last rodeo.  Prom rodeo that is.  But then again, not really.  Because she will be attending her boyfriend's prom in his town in a couple weeks.  Besides, I'm pretty sure Sister Pister has several more rodeos ahead of her.  In many different arenas in her life.  

However, she did end her prom chapter at her high school with a bang.  

Beautiful dress.  Check.

Cascading hair.  Check.


Sparkling jewelry.  Check.


High shoes.  Check.


Popping makeup.  Check. 


Cute boyfriend.  Check.


Yes, on the outside, Sister Pister was spot on.  But the best part for me as her older sister was knowing that on the inside, she is also rocking it.  She's really coming into her own and making choices that are aligning and being who she is without questioning and I'm proud of her as a human.  Which far outweighs being proud of appearances.  

She is a happy lark and she is shining which makes her big sister just as happy and shiny.  

And really, don't get me started on that boyfriend of hers.  I actually told him once, "Do they make a twenty-eight year old version of you?"  He is a stellar human as well.  He plays with the kids and he likes Sister Pister for who she is and he helped me wash windows at the farm on Superbowl Sunday morning.  Need I say more?


The last prom rodeo that wasn't really the last rodeo was fantastic.  We all swooped in and let our presence be known.  The this is my sister--aunt--daughter--sister-in-law and I love her to pieces presence.  Oh yeah.  It was there.
  

Little Man was not feeling the idea of capturing the moment of prom 2012; much like his dad feels towards my camera the majority of the time.  I figured for sure if I took him I'd at least get a smile, but no such luck.  At least we know he was indeed, present and accounted for.


At least Punky thinks I'm mildy entertaining still. 


On a final note.  Dear Sister Pister, You are so cute it hurts my teeth at times.  Yes, you are beautiful and put together but don't ever forget how happy you truly are right now.  And always remember through the ups and downs which will come, your happiness is what you hold on to.  Sincerely, The Much Older Little Wiser Not Cuter Sister. 

1 comment:

Brittany Miller said...

Another great dress, Emily!