4.03.2012

Magic of the Best Kind

Once upon a time, there were two girls who dressed in the same eclectic mix and rode bikes together and got dirt under their fingernails together and laughed together and enjoyed the spring ladybug together.


And there once were two girls who both had pesky younger siblings.  The kind who run by and burst your bubble right before the picture.  Simply because they love to be a pest.   


The good news is the two girls recovered quick.  Must come with the territory of being the oldest.  

It's about the sweetest thing to see these two girls together.  Emma is the daughter of my friends Chris and Karen.  If you'll remember, Emma pretty much thinks of me as family and obviously Firecracker is my niece so she is my family.  It warms my heart to see them beginning to weave their own web of memories and watching them be best friends together is like observing a little slice of something special.  They are starting young with having a friend who really gets you.  There is no other way to describe that than magic.   


Friend magic.  And my goodness, I do believe in that kind of magic.  It's some of the very best kind.

No comments: