4.05.2012

Just Can't Help It

I can't help it.  I have to tell you to go to the grocery store and buy skewers, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.  Right now.  Go.   


I have to tell you this because you need to know the result from those four things will make your heart happy.  Sing to the birds and dangly earrings kind of happy.  


Please don't mind the chipped blue polish.  It was second cup of coffee early still so the nails hadn't made their switch to coral for the party yet.  Which reminds me that Karen said to me as she was looking through the party pictures, "Your outfit and nails matched the party."  Then I looked at her and said, "Have we met?"       


White chocolate for the strawberry marshmallows and milk chocolate for the white marshmallows.  It was easy.  Melt the chips for 3:33 on 30 power in your microwave.  Yes, I'm precise.  But don't blame me if your mikey is different.  


Make sure you have a cup of coffee next to you and make sure you haven't showered yet so your hair is in a crazy ponytail on the top of your head and make sure you have music playing in the background.  Oh, and make sure it's a Sunday morning.  I think that made it even better.  Then stir that melted chocolate until it's smooth and then dip.  Dip into the chocolate and dip into the sprinkles.  Easy as that. 


Then put them around your house in jars filled with jelly beans.  


And what will happen is...your heart will be happy and you will feel like you are Martha Stewart.  The redneck version.  But still, Martha none the less.  


Here's where I warn you that once you start, you can't stop.  Even after your jars are all full, you want to keep dipping.  Here's also where I say...go for it!  Put them on a tray, twirl around twice, and call it a day.  


Because they will be enjoyed by the little people in your life; the evidence will be left on their lips.  Guaranteed.  If you want the big people in your life to enjoy them as well, leave the sprinkles off a few.  Then they become adult friendly redneck marshmallow and chocolate treats.   

No comments: