4.26.2012

It's Been Awhile...Hasn't It?

It's been awhile since I've let the random thoughts which roll through this head of mine flood out.  So here goes nothing.  

I received a text message early one morning last week from my sister-in-law.  It was a picture of four different bottles of wine with this, "Which one should I start chilling for tonight?"  I almost answered with an, "All of them" but refrained.  Dear Sil, thank you for getting me.   

Karen started a new rendition of the song Red Solo Cup which involves saying a person's name to the tune followed by "You are so pretty!"  I wish you could hear it because it's just peachy.  So now I find myself singing it to everyone I come in contact with.  "Mrs. Nelson...Mrs. Nelson...You are Soooo Pretty!"  It really brightens up the moment.  I sang it in the middle of Target while shopping with Danae.  She loved it.  I know it.  Spreading the pretty love.  All about people feeling pretty.  Really, boys don't mind it either.  I sing it to them too.

My town is getting with it I tell you.  Our Sbucks now is a proud carrier of the Trenta size.  This means the unsweetened iced green tea afternoon now lasts even longer.  I haven't dared go for the iced black coffee in the big T as I'm not sure what kind of a human I'd be after.

I watched a baseball game.  Kind of.  I'm trying to learn the rules for talking during a game.  Like you can talk when the players are in the dug out and getting their business organized.  That's acceptable talk time.  But when they throw the pitch, that is not acceptable talk time.  And in any case of an instant replay, forget about it.  However, in between pitches, a few thoughts may be verbalized.  I figure maybe in a couple years, I'll have it all figured out.

A first grade student stopped me mid-lesson last week and said, "You're beautiful."  The rest of that day was just fine indeed.  

I carried air tanks to the water truck the other night.  One in each hand.  While Momma Debi held the hoses behind me.  We resembled a horse and buggy.  With me being the horse.  Dad-o couldn't help but laugh as we rounded the corner.  Of course I had to add in some sound effects to really bring it out.

My brother and sister-in-law and I did a little hopping on Saturday evening.  To an establishment.  For wine and water.  I'll let you figure out who we made have the water.  I can't remember the last time the three of us were together without distractions.  The stuff of gold I tell you.  What wasn't the stuff of gold was getting an upset tummy while still at the establishment.  Too much information?  Probably.  But I like to keep it real.  Gold mixed in with yucky.  That's what life is all about.

Last night, I went out for an early dinner with Danae and her three little poptarts.  While she and I were paying the bill and clearing the debris, this came out of her mouth, "No you may not pick your sister's nose for her."  Followed by, "But Mommy, I won't eat it." 

Muscle Pump class at the YMCA.  I'm a big fan.  I'm not as big of a fan while we are doing lunges around the entire parking lot or while I am lifting a weight above my head for the thirty-fourth time, but I sure do love it when it's over.  Here's where I best admit, I kind of love it while it's going on too.  It brings out the competitive nature in me.  "Oh you think I'm going to drop this plank?  No way.  Not until you do."

Hard boiled eggs.  They smell but they sure are good.

On Tuesday, I wore a long flowy skirt for the first time since probably the first grade.  I was hesitant about buying the striped number.  So much so I went through the check out, handed back the skirt, and then came back through the check out to actually purchase the skirt.  Brittany was real impressed with my decision making skills.  She gave me the final push to go get the skirt already and I'm so glad she did.  Now, I think I shall wear a long flowy skirt every day this summer.

That shopping experience happened on Saturday in Bismarck at a store called Kohl's.  A store my town does not have.  A store I have a love hate relationship with.  A few of us who work together made the early morning trip down for a morning at the spa, a lovely lunch, and a quick afternoon shop shop shop.  It was a perfect day filled with refueling relaxing treatments, a beyond delicious lunch, slight retail therapy, and random conversation; it's amazing to have coworkers who also happen to be friends.


I'll end all of this by saying...

I could totally live off of fresh bread, oil to dip it in, and cheese.  Like totally.  For sure.  And in a perfect world wine to go with it all.  It always comes back to the wine.

  
One more thing.

I would like a facial every week please.

One one more thing.  

I'm not scared of the number thirteen.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Delish!!!