6.05.2012

In the Middle of the Road

Here's where I confess I never cut the watermelon.  Jessie did.  She arrived to my house on time and I wasn't ready yet.  I believe at that point my hair was wet and I was packing my jewelry.  So I said to her, "You want a job?  Here cut this watermelon up."  And she did. 

Then after a stop at the bank for Danae and a stop at Target for me, we were finally on our way.  I'm sure the on time Jessie was not annoyed at all during any of that putsing around.  Good thing she loves us through our tardiness and ping pong-ness.   

We finally started the long drive to Custer, SD with my car loaded down with a packed cooler, too many clothes, some reading material, CDs, and raisins.  The sun was shining and the sky was blue and the grass was green and we were singing.  Road tripping success.   

Somewhere in South Dakota on a road that never ended, the sky was simply too much for me.  I whipped the car over to the side of the road.   

It happened to be on a two lane highway going up a hill. 


After waiting for a vehicle to drive by so I knew if I would hear them coming or not, I laid down in the road.  All because of the yellow.  I wanted the yellow.    


What can I say?  A pretty sky gets me.  Throw in yellow that equation and it's going to happen. 


Jessie and Danae were ruthless about making fun of me for stopping in the middle of nowhere South Dakota to lay down in the middle of a two lane highway.  Immediately, Danae's iphone came out and pictures were up on facebook of me laying next to the yellow line before I could blink.   


I yelled through my own laughter, "Wait until you see!  They are worth it!"  And then I proceeded to take pictures of the two of them because it's what I do. 


Here's where I tell you some nuggets of Amy Truths. 

First, go on a road trip with your best friends soon. There will be laughing, crying, and shenagin pulling like you haven't experienced in a long while. 

Second, the pretty sky is worth running the risk of being run over so go right ahead and pull that car over and capture it.   

Third, it's more than worth kicking your heels up and doing some donkey kicking after you survive.      

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Amy~those are perhaps the prettiest pictures I have seen you take thus far, with the exception of course, my children. Awesome job. May have to order a huge canvas one from you for my basement....