6.14.2012

Summer Morning Baby

This was the scene around here approximately seventeen minutes ago.  A freshly fed, changed, burped, and sleeping baby Brooks.  During his bottle, I introduced to him the likes of the Counting Crows.  Every baby needs to know about them.  Now his breathing is a steady rise and fall while he is crashed out on the bed behind me as I sit here.   


It wasn't long ago I was rushing from school to the hospital to visit the new little bundle and capture the meeting between Brooks and his big sister Ella.  Precious.  It was precious.   


Thumbs up kind of precious. 


Lisa and I work together and she has been there for me and listened to more than her fair share of my roller coaster rides this past year.  Never judging and always offering up support and laughs.  Plus she loves jewelry.  She really is my kind of lady and I love her for it.  Travis is a gem of a guy; he let me boss him around when I snapped their family pictures last fall and he hasn't changed a bit.  Takes direction well that one does.  And he is a superb husband and father.  They are a special little family indeed.   


Have I mentioned before I love going to see smushy babies in the hospital.  It's kind of my thing. 


I'm also discovering my thing is to babysit the baby while his mom and sister do fun things like art camp and zoo camp.  I tend to hold the little Brooks nugget while I drink coffee and edit pictures and eat grapes.  Of course I promised Lisa I would not drop any coffee on Brooks.  He's in good hands around here.  He really is.

Last week after my morning Brooks smushing time, I popped over to his house to capture some of him in his six week goodness.  Cute.  He's cute.   


And Ella is just too much for me.  Seriously this girl melts my heart.  A sweetness you have to meet to believe. 


She wanted "Miss Amy!" to take a few of her too while we both were chilling on their living room floor waiting for Brooks to finish his bottle.  I won't ever argue with the idea of capturing a few memories.   


Here's where I tell you this bit of information.  If you have a tiny baby who needs to be cuddled for a few hours while you run errands or take your other kids to activities or maybe while you sit in the middle of your living room by yourself and do some reading, by all means...drop them off here.  As long as you are alright with them having to learn how to avoid dangly earrings while laying on my shoulder. 

No comments: