12.27.2012

Gifts

Christmas morning I woke, quietly gathered my things so not to wake those still waiting on Santa, gave hugs with the promise of meeting again in the afternoon, and while still wearing my Christmas jammers, started off in the early darkness.  Early so I could drive to the farm to have brunch with my family, something I would not miss. 
 
After about an hour and a half of driving and thinking, the sun started coming up to my right while "Winter Song" was playing through Pandora.  Tears formed in my eyes.  I blinked a few times but they kept coming, falling down my cheeks. 
 
 
I pulled over to a gravel road. 
 
 
I knew I needed to take the time and let myself feel that moment with the sun coming up.  Because whatever was causing my tears was powerful.  And I can't pin point it exactly, but the combination of Christmas morning with the reflection of the past year in my mind was bringing the blessings in my life to the front view. 

 
And all I could think as the big orange ball rose in the sky was the gifts of family, friends, and loved ones are the most important.  As is the gift of the sun rising in the morning to greet us and welcome us into the every day ahead.   
 


No comments: