12.21.2012

The Key to Sitting

Let me tell you about the time I brought my crocheting along to a Saturday basketball tournament.  

I brought my crocheting along to a Saturday basketball tournament.  

I'm not sure it needs a more detailed explanation.  It's a new nerdy level for me and it was glorious.  I was able to sit on the bleachers and get an entire cowl finished instead of sitting on the bleachers going bonkers from sitting.

Let me tell you about the time I brought my crocheting along to a different Saturday afternoon college football party at my brother and sister-in-law's house.  

I brought my crocheting along to a football party at my brother and sister-in-law's house.  

Again, more explanation seems a bit futile.  

My brother made several comments about who invited the grandma but again, it was glorious.  

I sat through most of the game.  Paid attention?  Probably not.  But still!  

So here's where all this is leading me.  Crocheting is the key to sitting. 

And if I needed any further evidence...a Sunday evening sitting in Karen's living room, her crocheting a chain for her Christmas tree on the loveseat and me crocheting a chain for my Christmas tree on the couch, sealed the deal. 

If you've met Karen and I, you know how ridiculous the thought of us sitting like two little grannies while the boys watched football really is.  She was skeptical at first as I taught her how to do the chain but soon after she had the hang of the looping and lopping she looked over at me, "Alright, this is fun."

I knew she'd get it, being the fellow non-sitter she is.  

I'm a believer.  I'm a bit obsessed because what I do is become a bit obsessed.  Crocheting is a love.  

Because we are on the topic of cell phone pictures...

Wait we weren't on that topic but I'm headed there now.  Some December snapshots.  The cookie exchange invite.  Total heart happy mail.  


Pretty beans for soup.

The first day of December when I went wild.

The first day of December sunrise which started the day of the green and red explosion.  I blame the not planned nail and cup coordination.  It started it all.  


And the Christmas music.  I also blame the Christmas music.

Thursday night homemade bread rising by the fire.

The tree.  Which I swear is not crooked.  


An evening with my niece, the budding artist.

The ballet with Brittany and Stella.  Watching Stella's eyes light up was Christmas spirit at its finest. 

Homemade cupcakes for a girl named Sundie because you can't be having not homemade cupcakes on your birthday.

Morning light is still my all time.

Book club Christmas party.

Frosty.

Gingerbread marshmallows at a Winter ONEderland birthday party.

A wonderful night in with roasted veggies, chicken, and quinoa.  I cook like a girl. 


 Oh this time of year.  As busy as it can be, I sure do want to give it a big ol' squeeze hug.  Or maybe I'll just make it a cowl. 

No comments: