9.11.2013

Long Time Coming

Yesterday, I walked into Starbucks to grab some caffeine before an after work watching little ones dance date with friends.  It was fall out.  Like the kind of fall which deserves a capital letter.  Fall.  Like the kind of sun which isn't a full in your face affair but more of an arm around your shoulder.  Fall.  My favorite.  

I ordered for others and then I ordered for myself, "I'll take a tall blonde roast for right now and a venti unsweetened iced green tea for about fifteen minutes from now."  

It was that kind of a caffeine need.  

When I walked out of Starbucks after some banter and a few sips of that hot coffee goodness, I thought to myself as I breathed in deeply the fall air, this is the kind of thing I used to write about.  The good stuff of life.  But now I just tend to make mental notes instead and live in moments instead.  

There is something about writing though.  It's different.  It makes me feel a bit deeper and appreciate a bit more and notice a bit more.  

It's like a couple weekends ago, when I actually bought a unicorn bicycle helmet in Toys R Us...that is the stuff of needs to be written down.  So one day I can look back and be all, remember when I was thirty and I went to a toy store with Danae and her kids and I bought a freaking unicorn bicycle helmet because love a duck I just had to.  

Writing it down.  

Unicorn bike helmets.  And here's where I could get all deep and go to the place that looks something this...really I think we should we all go through life wearing a unicorn helmet.  A little bit of protection for tough stuff but an overall delusional outlook.  Delusional in a good way.  A very good way.  

No comments: